VILLAGE UPDATES FROM THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
· Restoration of Bridges: The bridges at Mirror & Nosrecka are scheduled to be completed in the next few weeks. Completion of the railings and the paving of the roads will follow shortly.
· Lakes Management: Solitude Lake Management came on June 23rd to treat the lily pads throughout the lakes. They will be following up this week to check on the progress of the lily pads and possibly re-treat if necessary. The Village has started cutting back the overgrown brush to enhance the esthetics of the lakes. We anticipate its completion in the next few weeks.
· Downtown: Work continues on the Southeast corner. The project is nearing completion with the landlord to repair and replace all damaged sidewalk and bricks. The two sycamore trees adjacent to the property have been removed due to decline and replaced with two new 20ft high sycamores. Mama Santina’s is planning major renovations to the property. The Village would also like to welcome the new owners of the Brightwaters Inn which is scheduled to open shortly.
· Veteran’s Memorial Walkaway: The first phase of the walkway is complete. To date over 220 bricks have been dedicated to Veterans. The Village is working on a dedication ceremony date to be announced in the near future. Thanks to all who donated.
· Election: The Village Election for Mayor and Two Trustee positions is being held at Village Hall on Tuesday, September 15th from 7am-9pm. Independent nominating petitions must be filed with the Village Clerk no later than July 30, 2020.